Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xTucker14x

Sprint and player movement speed

3 posts in this topic

im not sure if sprint has been brought up yet also the players general movement speed how fast?

will it be like a steady accurate walk all of the time with an option to jog and hustle a bit. but not a full out sprint.

or will it be a quick walk speed with good accuracy and able to run full speed? also if sprinting (or any other movement animations) is a part of takedown i hope the animations are not over dramatic like other games. . .

also will players walk noticably slower when moving backwards?

Christian has already answered this question in one of the Q / A Live, but I'm not sure where... check Vokle Q/A first.

I might remember wrong, but one of the Q/A gave some short of answer to that. I think we had option to choose how fast will we be able to move, I think it was covered in the November 2nd Q/A.

Anyway I'd go with something like SWAT4 had. I think we should have standard walking, jogging and ''running''. It's CQB, you move only as fast as you can stay accurate with your rifle. The moment your moving too fast to control your weapon....your going too fast. Point is, you do not sprint in urban warfare that much. You may be moving fast, but your ready to fire at anytime. That's another thing when your crossing a street, but in general there ain't much sprinting...

You can be pretty accurate even when your moving quickly on ''high ready'' stance, especially on room to room clearing. But soon as we go outdoors and the ranges starts to increase..that's another story.

In terms of in-game movement speed, I'd look reference from SWAT4, I think it was pretty good. Even in SWAT4 we didn't use ''run'' movement speed all most at all. We always used the ''walking'' speed, any faster than that and the movement would be too fast to scan sectors etc. And in SWAT4 if you were running you couldn't hit anything with your weapon either... :D

1 person likes this