Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KT_Cobra

What are you using for carry?

82 posts in this topic

Simply put just as the title states.  What weapon are you carrying?  "Carrying", of course, meaning everyday use (trips to the hardware store, local gaming event, etc.).

I'm really looking at the CZ 2075 RAMI BD because of its decocker.  However, the price is really high...

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-2075-rami-bd/

2 people like this

If I would be carrying (I'm still considering), I would definitely go for a Kel-Tec PF-9. It is a very small 9 mm pistol which holds 7 rounds plus one in the chamber. Alternatively, I would go for a Glock 26.

I have a friend who uses a Beretta PX4 subcompact for carry.

im only 16 so I have no guns on me ( can't wait till im 21)

but I either have a small Karambit knife on me ( its legal where I live) but I dont carry it when I have any female companions that dont like weapons

As for the knife, nice. I also recommend the SOG Aegis 2.

My daily CC is a Ruger LC9.

When i'm out in the woods hiking, camping or hunting it's  my Sig 1911 Scorpian C.

Nothing.  I would never carry a P64.  I don't own guns.

I remember that gun.  Perfect size... if you had one.

Walther P22

My wife has one. It's pink. She REALLY likes that gun. Make sure you're shooting CCI Stingers for home defense.

I would get a P22 as mainly a training pistol. It has the same battery of arms as regular auto-pistols and certainly looks like one.

Walther P22

I know this may come off as bad advice coming from this source but

I would suggest something of a bigger caliber

if some one was endangering you  and you feel the need to take that bad boy out you need to be more than 1000% in your skills and weapon will keep you safe

Although I totally understand what you're saying, I did EXTENSIVE research before buying my wife a .22 for self defense. I found out that the .22 is actually the cause for more wounds/injuries resulting in death that most other calibers and that the .22 is an assassin's number one choice round.

I did, however, make sure my wife's gun is loaded with the best brand for defense in .22 possible, and that is the CCI Stinger. The ballistics are really impressive for that round.

I was super skeptical about buying her a .22 for self defense, but if I would have even bought her a .380 and she would have been scared or uncomfortable shooting it, it would have turned her off to ANY gun. That's why I started to really dig for info about .22 self defense. Also, the guys over at the AR15.com forums had good stuff to say about it. So it sold me.

Now, my wife REALLY likes her gun and is interested in more.

1 person likes this

Although I totally understand what you're saying, I did EXTENSIVE research before buying my wife a .22 for self defense. I found out that the .22 is actually the cause for more wounds/injuries resulting in death that most other calibers and that the .22 is an assassin's number one choice round.

I did, however, make sure my wife's gun is loaded with the best brand for defense in .22 possible, and that is the CCI Stinger. The ballistics are really impressive for that round.

I was super skeptical about buying her a .22 for self defense, but if I would have even bought her a .380 and she would have been scared or uncomfortable shooting it, it would have turned her off to ANY gun. That's why I started to really dig for info about .22 self defense. Also, the guys over at the AR15.com forums had good stuff to say about it. So it sold me.

Now, my wife REALLY likes her gun and is interested in more.

okay thats good  that she likes it and feels good using it after all a weapon is just part of the body

Edited by Alkatraz

^ I now feel more inclined to get one as a first pistol.

^ I now feel more inclined to get one as a first pistol.

A .22 should always be your first firearm.

2 people like this

As I have been told many times! And I agree completely. The first pistol I ever shot was a Ruger SR22. A fine introduction to pistols for me. Very soft recoil, sounds very innocent compared to centerfire calibers, and pretty accurate. 

9mm 1911 stays in my nightstand drawer, hollow point and extended clip installed... If someone decides to break in my house while on PCP, they aren't going to get an 'owie' , they're going to get a five inch exit hole in their back.   

I'm going to quote this. My first was a 7.62x39 AK. Not a huge caliber or recoiling weapon, but if you naturally have significant flinch (like me) this translates into flinch when shooting. And anticipating recoil (even if you don't notice the actual felt recoil) which really hurts your accuracy. I have more flinch for everything than your normal person though. But I think this would translate well for someone who likely can't handle firearms well.

I've never shot a handgun before, though how much more does a .380 recoil than a .22LR?

Edited by Flogger23m
3 people like this

Well, I can say that I've shot a friend's revolver in .380 that didn't have a bunch of recoil. With that said, I also just recently shot my dad's new Ruger LCP .380 ACP that he now carries and thought that it kicks a good bit.

Now these factors are all relevant. You see, my wife's Walther P22 is full-sized (I believe they only come in one size) and it didn't have much recoil at all. But my dad's Ruger LCP .380 ACP is a much smaller gun with a bigger bullet. Also, what type of ammunition my friend was using in his .380 revolver as opposed to what my dad had me shoot, I don't know. Was one high velocity and the other not? Don't know.

Overall, I suggest before purchasing a .380 of any type one should do extensive research on the gun first to see what kind of recoil it has. Again, it depends on the ammunition too.

Ever compared a .380 round to a 9mm round? Pretty interesting.

Well, I can say that I've shot a friend's revolver in .380 that didn't have a bunch of recoil. With that said, I also just recently shot my dad's new Ruger LCP .380 ACP that he now carries and thought that it kicks a good bit.

Now these factors are all relevant. You see, my wife's Walther P22 is full-sized (I believe they only come in one size) and it didn't have much recoil at all. But my dad's Ruger LCP .380 ACP is a much smaller gun with a bigger bullet. Also, what type of ammunition my friend was using in his .380 revolver as opposed to what my dad had me shoot, I don't know. Was one high velocity and the other not? Don't know.

Overall, I suggest before purchasing a .380 of any type one should do extensive research on the gun first to see what kind of recoil it has. Again, it depends on the ammunition too.

Ever compared a .380 round to a 9mm round? Pretty interesting.

These days I don't know why you would pick a .380 over a 9mm.  The size savings are minimil for the loss of power.  Might as well just go down to .32ACP.

A .380 revolver huh?  Did you have to use moon clips with that?

I agree with the .380 and 9 mm thing. This is why I choose to carry a 9mm chambered gun rather than a .380. Besides, in the long run, the .380 is much more expensive to shoot compared to the 9mm. Also, if I have another pistol that I used for say competitions or training that is full sized, there's that ammunition compatibility and interchangeability.

These days I don't know why you would pick a .380 over a 9mm.  The size savings are minimil for the loss of power.  Might as well just go down to .32ACP.

A .380 revolver huh?  Did you have to use moon clips with that?

Not that I recall.

Another friend of mine just picked up a VERY hard to find item. The .22 Ruger revolver. It uses magnums. Sweet and COMFORTABLE grip.