Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AccountKiller

Feel free to brutally shoot this idea down.

10 posts in this topic

For a quite a wee while, I've had this idea for a Multiplayer game mode, for a tactical game like this, and I wanted to know what anyone else thinks.

Effectively, you have a map populated with players in Terrorist uniform.

And you have ONE guy, who makes up the Infiltrators; and he's got to complete the objective.

Except there's a catch, every Terrorist he kills, Respawns as part of the Infiltrator's squad.

I know it sounds very gamey and thus potentially something everyone else looking forward wouldn't want in what we all pray will be the-ultimate-tac-shooter-of-all-ing-time.

Thanks for listening,

Cheers.

BANG!

Sorry..couldnt resist.

nice idea, but there are issues.

1 person against many = he will get zerged & game over

All the people on the opposing side get bored and leave/ stop playing that mode. Or knowing the mode, as soon as they know they are not the one with the challenge, the abort.

People will intentionally get caught to join his side.

People unintentionally caught abort.

Other than that, it could be a great mode for a mod......if, there was a time limit for the person to reach the primary objective and the game was played properly.

But how can you ensure neough interest to play this mode properly?

Edited by GunTeng
1 person likes this

This type of gamemode is fun for zombie or infection game modes but probably not for a tactical shooter.

2 people like this

Except there's a catch, every Terrorist he kills, Respawns as part of the Infiltrator's squad.

The respawn system will not be a primary goal for launch. It is likely there is no system to support such an idea anyway. This game is focusing on no health regen and no respawn.

Oh and welcome to the boards.

Edited by MonkieMurdie

The respawn system will not be a primary goal for launch. It is likely there is no system to support such an idea anyway. This game is focusing on no health regen and no respawn.

Oh and welcome to the boards.

Yeah, that's why, even if it's issue could be overcome, it likely wouldn't be received well from such a hardcore fanbase as this one. And thankyou.

Unreal Engine 3 does have support for respawning, but this isn't that kind of shooter. Someone will probably mod something in for that at some point though.

I think the idea is good, until I played Kane & lynch 1&2. Pvp mode called fragile alliance, however that pvp has problems. Check out youtube videos on that to see your variation of your idea implemented in game.

Edited by MonkieMurdie

Sounds like an awesome gamemode!!! I had a idea like this previously but I have no idea where I posted it. With the announcement that there wouldn't be respawns I didn't know how hard it would be to add respawns to TAKEDOWN even thought its in the UE engine. I would love to see this added if and when we get to see TAKEDOWN in action.

Found it :: http://www.serellan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/918-gamemodesgamemode-ideas/#entry20283

Edited by RaVeN

For a quite a wee while, I've had this idea for a Multiplayer game mode, for a tactical game like this, and I wanted to know what anyone else thinks.

Effectively, you have a map populated with players in Terrorist uniform.

And you have ONE guy, who makes up the Infiltrators; and he's got to complete the objective.

I know it sounds very gamey and thus potentially something everyone else looking forward wouldn't want in what we all pray will be the-ultimate-tac-shooter-of-all-ing-time.

Thanks for listening,

Cheers.

Funny you brought that up. We did something similar in SWAT3. One terrorist would hide and the rest of the Element would tactfully clear the map. If the terrorist managed to kill at least one SWAT member, the Element failed. Of course the Element had to follow the ROE and realistic procedures. Kinda like hide-n-seek I guess.