Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AndyDiGi

TDM Max Players

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Andy Cummings here from Frag Radio. Listen we have a dedicated server running TDRS and I have been playing about with the TDM settings. The question I have to ask is....

Is there a way to increase the max player limit? I did change some settings so the server does show as a 32 player but the most that can connect is 13! I'd really appreciate any help to do this.

Many Thanks.

2 people like this

Cheers for putting the server on the list I can enjoy for good ping. Me and my friend enjoyed there in exception of two trolls earlier today but that is not major issue. They are hardly making the server miserable since they got bored quick.

The limit for teams are unfortunately six versus six players plus four spectator spots that can be only entered via lobby. The maps are not big enough to play with 32 players honestly to say. The game mechanics were made for 2x6 teams though. Unless there are mods available, it cannot be changed.

Well thanks for the kind words. I personally felt this game hasn't been given enough credit and was compelled to set up a proper dedi server for players to join. Would be nice if there was a series of larger maps especially for the TDM gamemode. For now I will adjust the maxplayers back to 12 and look forward to hearing from the devs.

On another note, I hope I got the setting right, I have set friendly fire OFF. Hopefully this will work and stop the TK'ers!

I'll have to sit down and go right through the server commands to see about controlling these idiots.

Two bored people that thinks Takedown is boring that just your server joined in first day that has been set on server list is hardly sufficient enough to consider to change friendly fire.

First person BARELY played 0,5 hours and say already it's bad, that amount of time could be only one time at your server.

Second person have played slightly longer than the first but not very comparable. Plus he had been VAC-banned once in the past.

These two people only spend  30-45 minutes time on Takedown just for your server. 

I won't force you to reconsider the settings after I went for some research on those troublemakers that just want to spend themselves, however the game won't be the same with friendly fire off. Takedown: Red Sabre is brutal and unforgiving.

Oh yeah, you got yourselves a new listener to your radio program.

Well thanks for the feedback and being a new listener! I am still VERY new to this game but have already bought a few copies and gifted them away to people. I will take note about the FF settings and leave them on. Hopefully once I have gone through all server commands I should have a better understanding and be able to deal with the trolls.

Would it be possible for you to also add a server that runs Attack And Defend matches? I find that mode to be the most fun out of TD's versus modes. Thanks.

P.S: Your TDM server seems to use the full maps (I saw there at least Cargo Ship, Biolab and Facility) which are too big for TDM/DM - lots of time is wasted wandering around. It's better to use the versions of the maps which have been made smaller to deathmatch purposes.

Edited by ORFJackal

@ORFJackal Biolab have been modified that basement and rooftop were inaccessible. One thing I didn't like is that spawns are too close even the teams are in separate floors. (first floor office area and second floor lab area) Attack&Defend spawn locations on Biolab were the right settings.

@AndyDiGi I wouldn't lie myself that I want also see Attack&Defend server running up and play it when TDM Server is full. That is up to you, of course.

@AndyDiGi I wouldn't lie myself that I want also see Attack&Defend server running up and play it when TDM Server is full. That is up to you, of course.

I have already been considering it :)

I sort something out today or tomorrow

I have already been considering it :)

I sort something out today or tomorrow

Excellent.  :)

Good settings for A&D would be 5 minute time limit and the winner of a match determined by 3 wins.

Sounds like good settings! Thanks.

Just waiting to hear back from the guys as I am having issues running two servers on the same box. Post is in the tracker section.

Andy,

Can you email terryh@serellan.com with your server issues?  He should be able to hook you up.

Thanks!