Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bigmatt

There is no fun in that - please!

20 posts in this topic

xdw7YlL.jpg

9jYZiUx.jpg

jAWOFS0.jpg

BS1cJEi.jpg

And this is just in span of couple of minutes. This scenario goes on and on all the time...

1 person likes this

Hmm surprised the game does not have some system that auto kicks players that TK "x' amount of times in "x" amount of minutes, sounds like this is happening at the beginning of rounds so maybe just having something that kicks people within 30 seconds of round start if TK.

I can tell that was on my server. Once I've got to grips with things I'll hopefully be able to keep the TK'ers/Trolls off the server!

Sorry to see this happening guys.  Please report this person and anyone else to Steam.  I also submitted a report.  

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Galaxyass

Currently there is a 1 minute join delay set on coop games to allow enough time for players to travel into a game.  After a minute, any joins are forced to spectate.  There's not a better anti-griefing system implemented at this time.

Here's some info on dedicated server admin commands:

No advanced RCON support is implemented, but we do have the following in-game commands available to the admin. When a player is logged into the server, they can access Admin commands by bringing down the Console by pressing the ~ (tilde) key and typing: AdminLogin <password>

Make sure to add the admin password to the launch commandline: 
?AdminPassword=password

Example: TakedownGameServer-Win32-Shipping.exe TD05_Killhouse_AttDef?MapVar=Var1?game=takedowngame.TDAttackAndDefendGame?listen=1?bIsLanMatch=0?NumPublicConnections=12?AdminPassword=password -seekfreeloadingserver

Console Commands:

AdminLogin Password
AdminLogOut
AdminKick Player 
AdminKickBan Player (toggle)
AdminPlayerList
AdminRestartMap
AdminChangeMap 
1 person likes this

Yeah thanks Terry. After posting last night I went onto the server and started playing with the Admin commands. I REALLY do hope they implement rcon access soon.

*EDIT* Maybe a ban list file would help :)

Edited by AndyDiGi-Frag Radio

<deleted by Rocky>

Sorry too many expletives to be bothered sorting this post.

Edited by Rocky
Expletives

And on that note, a friendly reminder that once someone has your steam id they can block you from a whole host of games. On the chance they retaliate and decide to ban you from their servers, well bonus, now you're doubly sure of never having to meet them again.

1 person likes this

Oh hi. Don't bother reporting me. <deleted>

You won't be missed.

....the last 3 letters in your name is spot on :thumbsup:

Edited by Rocky

To me is less fun when I don't need care about accidental team kill.

I'll pass.

Wait what!?! SO you'd be happier sat there round after round when 5 out of the 6 opposing team were TK'd! Oh come on are you being serious?

No i would wait for a good moment where team killers are gone from the server.

Is it possible to ban players when you're hosting the game yourself, without a dedicated server?

Yeah thanks Terry. After posting last night I went onto the server and started playing with the Admin commands. I REALLY do hope they implement rcon access soon.

*EDIT* Maybe a ban list file would help :)

You might try checking TakedownGame.ini or defaultgame.ini for "BannedIDs=" under " [Engine.AccessControl].

Is it possible to ban players when you're hosting the game yourself, without a dedicated server?

I believe only Kick (from lobby) is possible at the moment.

If you're having a major issue with griefing and want to play a private game with friends,  simply add ?gamepassword= to your command line.  Friends joining will need to join direct IP in console.  Example: open 127.0.0.1?gamepassword=

1 person likes this

If you're having a major issue with griefing and want to play a private game with friends,  simply add ?gamepassword= to your command line.  Friends joining will need to join direct IP in console.  Example: open 127.0.0.1?gamepassword=

Good to know. But it would be best if the password option would be visible in the UI when hosting a game, so that everybody could know about it and would use it when they want a private time. Currently it's annoying when you try to join a game that the host wants to keep private, so then the host kicks or TK's you right after you get into the game (I found one such game host just moments ago).

Edited by ORFJackal
2 people like this

Also to mention that CO-OP servers with good ping were the ones

we get TK'ed at match's start or get kicked out from the lobby. 

It's not fair.

Hosts go even foul-mouth on people. Newcomers these days...

Edited by Frostwolf

Well everyone is welcome on any server I host. Just wish I could resolve the issue when trying to run multiple servers :blink: