Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GBC

I have seen the H HOUR concept, Takedown is were it's at

24 posts in this topic

I gotta say im not impressed, even though the game has not been funded yet, it looks sloppy and very poor use of UE3 tools . Anyhow i know this has been said, serellan what are you doing drop Takedown on the PS4 and upgrade to UE4, then the Socom community will see what a real tactical shooter is.

Sidenote: Takedown is amazing, still on everday.

13 people like this

-start sarcasm- Sure, because Sony and Epic are just handing out licences. -end sarcasm- 

-start sarcasm- Sure, because Sony and Epic are just handing out licences. -end sarcasm- 

And because "converting" the game to UE4 can be done by the click of a button. Regardless, Takedown is hardly a tactical shooter and simply a poor game. The SOCOM/Playstation crowd isn't missing much. That being said, H-Hour looks like CoD in 3rd person. Absolutely terrible.

Edited by Flogger23m

And because "converting" the game to UE4 can be done by the click of a button. Regardless, Takedown is hardly a tactical shooter and simply a poor game. The SOCOM/Playstation crowd isn't missing much. That being said, H-Hour looks like CoD in 3rd person. Absolutely terrible.

Agree

Glad you noticed H HOUR was COD..phewww im not alone in seeing that.

Just don't post that view on there fourms, the resident mod troll Codex will ban you, they banned one of my pc clan members for calling H HOUR Call of Duty.

Edited by GBC

What do you think Socom was?  lolz

People backed the game because of this man, fractious internal politics I bet

They sure did, completely unbelievable for a community funded project. Really not sure what to make of it apart from its a kick in the teeth aimed directly at everyone who helped make it happen.

"Based on the events of the last few days and after careful consideration we have come to the conclusion that a Studio should not be responsible for developing a community; the community itself is better fit to build the environment needed for that type of interaction. A Studio should give interested members the information they need to understand our progress in the development of H-Hour and allow them to provide constructive feedback on that development."

Okay, that's a nice sentiment. Let's give our community updates and tell them what we're doing with the game, so they can help direct its development!

"To meet these challenges, we have decided to communicate with members through our Updates on our site, social media and our Support Portal and remove access to the community forums to all outside of Studio staff. This will allow us more time to focus on providing regular timely updates on our development progress going forward. We apologize in advance if this upsets anyone but we need to make the best use of the resources at hand and keep moving this project forward."

I didn't even back this and I feel ###### off. Yes, let's take down the forums and make the community completely unable to discuss the game. THAT'S WHAT I CALL LISTENING TO THE FANBASE THAT MADE THIS GAME POSSIBLE.

I feel bad for you SOCOM fans out there. :(

Well, I guess I can add "did not delete forums and block kickstarters" to TD's list of plusses?

3 people like this

Ouch, bad idea to take down a forum when it comes to gamers especially those who are willing to back a project early on I can't imagine people would be happy with updates via Social Media.

I've not really kept an eye on this title since I never really got into the SOCOM franchise and from the few videos I watched of this I can't say it really peeked my interest but now it seems like there is no place for Devs to see any feedback to these "updates" they will be posting, maybe the comments on the blog itself? still I never feel like that is a place for discussion.

One of the comments from Webmaster:

Feedback was crucial during design and will become crucial again when we
engage in testing with the Alpha and Beta participants to ensure the
game delivers on the communities expectations.

That actually sounds reasonable to me. In software development there is a point (or at least should be) where all fundamental decisions have been made and shouldn't be discussed/reverted again unless one hits a really, really huge bump. Here in this forum there were a lot of discussions going on, even close to release, about features that had no chance to make it into the actual game. I'm absolutely sure that they weren't helpful for the devs, maybe even the opposite because of the needed time to check/manage the forum. I think for me some of those discussions even contributed to raise wrong expectations because at that time I didn't notice how far away from the actual project they were.

However probably SOF should not have closed the forum for the kickstarters/donators. And in any case they need to bring it back online once open testing (alpha/beta?) begins.

The good news is... Serellan is part Terminator now. Hes going to be harder to take out in the future.

I would like to see another crack at a tactical FPS. Takedown wasnt the ticket but we know you still have the skill to lead a group of developers.

Are you done eating your words? UE4 freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I believe Serellan is a very capable creative director and i know this Ghost Recon game developer deserves our support.

I believe Serellan is a very capable creative director and i know this Ghost Recon game developer deserves our support.

Thanks!

I backed both projects, and I think it's ironic how Tom scoffed at serellan, but look at all the issues Sof studios has been having.

I was wearing my takedown shirt last e3 and H-Hour hat in support of both, even though I was told is take some heat for the takedown shirt, I said I'm proud to wear it, serellan has integrity and principle which I respect, aa I don't respect all the pomp gimmicks and flash of the big studios who ignore their fans. The game had issues but serellan admitted to them and tried to fix them rather than ignore or lie about them like another studio..

Hers a pic for laughspost-39-0-49696100-1428179050_thumb.png

Edited by Boomer

Never seen that " good laugh "  Tom seems like a dedicated fellow, he's trying hard. I just think H HOUR is not something i wanna spend time on.

4 people like this

I backed both projects, and I think it's ironic how Tom scoffed at serellan, but look at all the issues Sof studios has been having.

I was wearing my takedown shirt last e3 and H-Hour hat in support of both, even though I was told is take some heat for the takedown shirt, I said I'm proud to wear it, serellan has integrity and principle which I respect, aa I don't respect all the pomp gimmicks and flash of the big studios who ignore their fans. The game had issues but serellan admitted to them and tried to fix them rather than ignore or lie about them like another studio..

Hers a pic for laughs Screenshot_2015-01-14-08-11-50-1-1.png

Thanks for the support!

Hers a pic for laughsattachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-01-14-08-11-50-1-1.png

I give Tom alot of credit, the Socom community is very vocal, i wish H HOUR the very best. As for Serellan, him being honest was very respectable and because of that, i will support his next endeavor.

Edited by GBC

The forum thing (you know not getting banned or throwing it out entirely) is definitely a plus for Serellan. Also always taking and responding to feedback, no matter how negative, instead of ignoring it or IP banning like SOF studios does (they banned me for asking questions).

3rd person COD is a little too generous of a description for Socom/Hhour. The COD community is also far more behaved and grounded than the 5 loyal socomers still waiting for Sony.