Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Serellan

Serellan's Future

84 posts in this topic

Hello Serellan Community, 

Serellan is at a crossroads. We have an opportunity to start a new project, but it is not without personal risk. A key component of our decision to move forward will be your willingness to continue to support us in the future, so we want to reach out to you and get your opinion. Please be frankly honest. If you aren’t already up to speed, please watch the TAKEDOWN Postmortem Video, and read more about Project Pi (here)before submitting the poll. We can’t thank you enough for your feedback and support, and we hope to make awesome games with you moving forward!

2 people like this

I voted for a tactical CQB FPS that I hope releases on PS4. The tactical shooter on the console market is gone, nothing has released in years. I wouldn't mind playing Project Pi it actually looks promising but the reason I donated for Takedown was to revive the tactical shooter. Even tho your first try wasn't a success I would hope you guys learned a lot along the way and can build off it.

You don't know how excited I am too see a poll like this with Ghost Recon as even one of the choices.   I want to have your babies.  Please make this happen. lol

1 person likes this

How about something like the original Far Cry? I loved that game. Maps have one entry and one exit but many ways to complete it. Stealth it, shoot it out, use the environment, etc. Just skip out on the alien ending (spoilers, oops).

WW2 - everyone loves WW2, even with zombies

Deus Ex without the stupid cover based shooting. Man I hate cover based shooters. Screw you Gears!

Seriously though, how about a Diablo FPS. Randomly generated levels with an simple overall story running through it. Sort of like a realistic Borderlands but without the cell shading and linear design. Loot drops, reskinned bad-guys as you level up. Never ending fun.

Rogue-like FPS? Man that would be brutal.

Other ideas:

TAKEDOWN : Tactics - turn based realistic squad shooter, with hex grids!

TAKEDOWN : Kart - Fun time racing with go kart action! Snipe those tires!

TAKEDOWN : Crush Saga Birds - Micropayments!

TAKEDOWN : Curse of Tango Island - Point and click adventure

TAKEDOWN : Dance Dance Dodge - Use the Kinect to dodge things thrown at your face

(or just do whatever you want)

I voted for single player SWATlike fps on early access. Apart from classic publisher model early access seems like the only viable option, because after Takedown it is not likely another kickstarter would be successfull. Early access would allow you to show the game and if it was actually any good, people could judge it on its merit and eventualy forget the last one...Obviously it would have to be somewhat solid and interesting from the initial release, so it would require a lot of money before bringing any back:/. You could also do some less risky work for now, like contract job for some larger studios and what not, consolidate the financial situation, stabilize the team, processes etc, and only after getting to better position do some larger project of your liking:).

Regarding Project Pi, cartoonish tower defenses with somewhat generic sci-fi esque styling aren't really my thing. This looks sort of like something you would expect in unity engine reel of android games. Doesn't really look like a game that can attract much attention. But if it doesn't cost much and you see it as profitable endeavour, go for it. I guess the survival of the studio is pretty much a priority now, so do whatever you think can bring most funds at smallest risk.

I voted for the choice that was like "Whatever YOU want to do I will check out and decide to support/buy" - It has be to the right answer really. From your Tactical FPS roots I would like to say try this again (Takedown 2?) and focus on the aspect that just didnt deliver in Takedown (AI, Player controls) but ultimately it is up to you to decide what you want to do as the choices an audience will give you will change over time and just be too disparate overall anyway. Best of luck guys. 

1 person likes this

I voted for a Rainbowsix like game, with a good portion of pvp! I know a lot of people on this forums are here for the coop part, but just dont forget the pvp players :)

I think finances have to be taken into account. If you make a game that uses Takedown as a foundation then you have a lot of resources that can be recycled into a new game ( whether that be R6 or GR inspired ). Audio, motion capture, animations, models, textures etc. This would save money and time. Plus you can learn from mistakes and hopefully a full polished product.

This just my humble opinion but Project Pi could be developed as a $10 game to produce additional finances for TD 2. Personally I hope TD2 would be a mix of largish open rural maps with CQB areas to promote combined arms tactics for co-op.

Kudos on the poll. May I suggest a random focus group to follow up. At worst it could produce some useful random stimuli.

1 person likes this

Whatever you decide, I'll follow progress and if I like what I see, I buy it (Sooner or later).

-

The second poll choice is not quite easy to choose. While I do use Windows 7 x64 more often, I am also interested in Playstation 4 platform to play with. So I am between PC and PS 4 platform.

-

I remember when I play one of first demonstration game versions at Windows 98 as Multiplayer Ravenshield demo. However fun this sounds, I always go first for single-player campaign so I can learn from the gameplay long enough so I can compete against real opponents of the game - The Players.

-

<If Serellan moved forward on a tactical shooter (...like Call of Duty?  :fingersx: ), I want a game most like...>

From fourth poll options I can choose honestly, that must against my better judgement because this is not an fair choice to pick--better yet, I don't care what's going to be between counter-terrorism unit, Special Weapons And Tactics unit or army regiment with latest technology available on behind enemy lines. I just don't know which to pick.

-

I care about A.I and a nice blend of CQC and large open areas.

-

Supporting will help fund the project but I am not an fan in donating/crowdfunding U.S Dollars because I am coming from Europa and never did with foreign currency before (Except for Swiss franc and Hungarian forint and British Pond due vacations). Sorry Kickstarter, but I either support via early access Steam or not during early development cycle.

-

While I was sipping tea and writing this comment, I am recalling what I like most of Serellan LLC is overcoming the obstacles and being honest to the community. It's short said, but it goes long way.

-

I did mention I am not fan of crowdfunding of foreign currency, why am I required to pick that one  :ermm:

Good luck with next development! - Frostwolf

I voted for a tactical CQB FPS that I hope releases on PS4. The tactical shooter on the console market is gone, nothing has released in years. I wouldn't mind playing Project Pi it actually looks promising but the reason I donated for Takedown was to revive the tactical shooter. Even tho your first try wasn't a success I would hope you guys learned a lot along the way and can build off it.

Same here, voted for another tactical CQB.

PS4 and PC would be ideal I think.

All I ever wanted and still want is Rainbow Six (1-3) or SWAT style tactical FPS with a good single player campaign. And with some sort of planning phase.

To be honest I know this might not be the most economically viable game genre there is so for Serellan it would be a huge risk. You could probably make more money by making something else for the masses. But I believe there exists a niche market for a high quality tactical FPS, judging by how games like DCS, Steel Beasts and Arma seem to be doing OK.

By the way, I don't like the way how Serellan is communicating.  I don't have the time or patience to watch some endless videos from Youtube so it would be nice if you could provide a coherent written transcript for old school guys like me.

1 person likes this

It was really hard to choose between a Rainbow Six or SWAT styled game. Ultimately I went with Rainbow Six, because I'm still waiting for SWAT 4 getting availabe on GOG so I can play it with some of my friends that haven't played it before.

Im dying for S.W.A.T like fps. Build that by uses Takedown as a foundation to save lot's of money and you sold me if will be at least decent.

1 person likes this

I dont think they can use Takedown as a base, because 505 is involved with that. Am I right Christian?

I dont think they can use Takedown as a base, because 505 is involved with that. Am I right Christian?

Ugh, that would suck.

Edited by XJ13

I voted for a new Tactical CQB FPS for PC. That's why I also kickstarted TD.

I voted for multiplayer first, because I think that would be the fastest to implement well, but a good single player campaign would be excellent. With TD I liked co-op the most. With Rainbow Six 1-2 I liked the single player campaign the most.

I chose Rainbow Six 1-3 because those I've played the most, but SWAT would also be interesting. I never played the SWAT games, but I think such a game would be a refreshing change from the typical kill-all-tangos tactical FPS. I care about Realistic Weapons Handling, AI and Mostly CQB Maps, or a nice blend of CQB and Open Maps.

I think early access would give the most options for the community to affect how the game is developed. I like how Serellan is not giving up, but for the other options I can't vote for because there is still much room for improvement in the transparency/communication/community impact.

Edited by ORFJackal

Hi,

I answered negatively to the poll, not because I'm mad or very angry. In fact I got lot of fun for few hours, but unfortunately, not on the good way. I prefer to burn my free copy of Takedown than giving it to someone. I just don't want you to think all negative feedbacks are negative by angry men.

So as you expected, I voted "Give up.. blablabla". I want to be suprised, but I don't trust your judgment and decisions anymore, you speak of "transparency" and "community impact on decisions", but you hardly do this things for me. If you are in trouble I want to know the moment you are, not after the fail.

You probably have experience to make games, but you are overwhelmed by what they works now and what people really want.

You asked for what we care the most on a tactical shooter... really ? All the points are important for that kind of games.. If you just focus on only one point, it's useless. And if you don't create something new, I would rather start a party of modded Swat 4 or R6 : RS with my friends.

The only way for you to sell your new game with constant revenue is the Early Access (an other Kickstarter would fail anyway). Takedown's project was too young for that, but now it's probably too late. You have too many early access games and people are bored like Kickstarter. If you don't show us something special, you're not going to sell anything and you are already off tracks. I hope sincerely for you, you can follow the right road.

To be positive, you like dev on PC, it's cool.

Edited by EXpMiNi

Well I would really prefer for you guys and gals at Serellan to make the kind of games you all want to make. Whether if it's sci-fi or a tactical shooter (both maybe?) I'm interested to see what you cook up. That said if we go down the tactical shooter road again I'm not going to lie I'd prefer to see something more akin to the original Ghost Recon.

1 person likes this

I am suprised with some of the choices given in the survey. Its not exactly what I was expecting.

First, dont power tool your face off Serellan. Hope your therapy goes good.

Would I fund you?

No... im a consumer not an investor. Dont take this poll to serious.

I think something you need to remember is you went full on out on advertising. You juggled a studio, and tried using a bottle necked development. Time money etc ran out... blah you know what happened.

You do whatever is best for your company. This is SERELLAN after all. You want AAA titles. Get AAA investors.

You want projects that start really small and are built by a community after?

Thats all on you. You had the vision for takedown, you worked hard. You decide where your studio and titles go.

As for me. I have always said. Raw emotion of war/combat. If you can make it. That is what will sell. Absolutely no studio has done it yet in a realistic manner.

I SHOULD GET PTSD PLAYING THIS NEW GAME IF YOU MAKE IT!

cheers.... pass that good stuff terminator :)

1 person likes this

While it was nice to see the option of a GR style game I voted a CQB Rainbow Six style game. The reason being is that a Ghost Recon like game is already being developed by Blackfoot Studios. So that's my reasoning why.

I really want to see what you can come up with in a second crack at some sort of tactical shooter. Early access really seems to be the way to go now, since communities are getting access to a product they want (albeit at the risk of bugs and problems) and developers get funding to help continue to run. It'd be stellar if you can come up with something like Red Storm's or Novalogic's shooters of old. I definitely think community involvement for a future project should be somewhat restricted, however - I think we convinced ourselves that by throwing out our ideas on to the forum it developed preconceived notions of a "dream game" which I can't imagine has ever happened with any finished product before, and probably put too much expectation on you as developers. 

Best of luck with whatever you can come up with, but I honestly think a PC-first followed by multi-platform launch of a tactical shooter would be incredibly exciting if it delivers solid gameplay with some nice mechanics thrown in.