Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serellan

Epsilon Feature Friday 7/24: Planning Map!

26 posts in this topic

Welcome back to Feature Friday!  The team has been hard at work this week, implementing tons of fun, such as AI assault patterns, more door options, weapon up, and more!  But this is Feature Friday, so today I'll be talking about the planning map.  Today Deane and I are working on implementing multi-level interface for the map, so I thought that would be a good subject.

Keep in mind, these shots are WIP and will evolve as the project moves forward.

Here is the current map:

XVFCpCO.jpg

And here is the key for the map:

1D3hkYp.jpg

From here, you can plan your team's route (or command them on the fly in gameplay, or both), see which doors are locked, and choose the location of your remote sniper.  In addition, if you click on one of the security camera icons, you can see through it in real time, so you can observe the patrol patterns and locations of enemies.  If you tag an enemy through the security system, they will show up in your map view (when in view of a camera).  

Here is a view of a security camera:

oAwUWhm.jpg

The security system which is marked as a secondary objective allows you to access and unlock all of the doors in the building, which is helpful if you want to go stealth and not use breaching charges, which are noise generators that alert enemies.

I think that wraps it up for the planning map!  Have a good weekend!

post-2-0-83251700-1437769976_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-07891800-1437769984_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-90167300-1437770576_thumb.jpg

8 people like this

Is this for multiplayer or single player?

If MP, will there be a color coding to show who put up which planning info, and will we be able to "uncheck" that person to essentially erase their input if they are just spamming crap on our team's planning screen?

Screenshots look good!

Is this for multiplayer or single player?

If MP, will there be a color coding to show who put up which planning info, and will we be able to "uncheck" that person to essentially erase their input if they are just spamming crap on our team's planning screen?

Screenshots look good!

MP usage is still TBD, but that is the idea.

FYI looks like the forums are stomping on the image compression, will repost shortly.

Oh man...I'm so freaking happy right now haha.  That's awesome.  I've been wanting something like this for a LONG time!

That looks pretty sweet! About time for some pre mission planning in a game again. :)

Just a small observation.. To my tired ass eyes, the transparent interior walls read more blurry than actually transparent. I know its all WIP of course.

Looking good. Nice to see a game with an option to setup tactics!

That looks pretty sweet! About time for some pre mission planning in a game again. :)

Just a small observation.. To my tired ass eyes, the transparent interior walls read more blurry than actually transparent. I know its all WIP of course.

Are you seeing it in the full rez image? I see it in the embedded image but not when I click and expand it.

FINALLY!!!! :drool:

Can't wait to see an actual mission plan in action! How many teams do we get?

Also, will there be a "Watch Mode" style where all teams are totally AI controlled and the player relies completely on their planning to succeed?

But enough questions I need to find a way to stop the drool omg omg omg THEY'RE FINALLY IMPLEMENTING THE FEATURE I'VE WANTED FOR SO LONNNNGGGG YESSSSSSS

DAY = MADE

Edited by k3nny1550
1 person likes this

Damn, those images are sweet at full size ;) can't say I ever got into planning phases since I tended to play the R6 games co-op which never let you use the system, but cool to see a feature people want.

DS, be sure to look for an email from Terry RE modding!

Ill set up a modding forum here soon.

1 person likes this

That planning phase system...! I want play. Now!

I noticed that the sniper icon are a little bigger between each other. Small detail ^^

Edited by Jaruto

DS, be sure to look for an email from Terry RE modding!

Ill set up a modding forum here soon.

:coolspeak:

Quick, someone get me my fainting couch!!! mlp-rfaint.png

The look of the map reminds me of Frozen Synapse. :)

Does "Sniper Selected" mean that the player controls him? If so shouldn't it be blue instead of green like the symbol "player"?

Anyway, it looks awesome!

Yes! This is so exciting to see. Can't wait to spend half an hour of planning a room entry before getting killed in the first 5 minutes from flash banging my team going through the doors. Once again, the aesthetic you guys have chosen looks very nice.

Seems you guys really reached another level with Epsilon. Looks more and more like the game we hoped for :)

Are you seeing it in the full rez image? I see it in the embedded image but not when I click and expand it.

Was on a tablet, but now on my 27" its much better. ;) 

Looks amazing.

Stupid question but is there any chance of being able to plan triggers. For instance if 1 member of team incapacitated then move to plan B.

3 people like this

Looks amazing.

Stupid question but is there any chance of being able to plan triggers. For instance if 1 member of team incapacitated then move to plan B.

Thats an interesting idea.

That planning phase system...! I want play. Now!

I noticed that the sniper icon are a little bigger between each other. Small detail ^^

Good catch. Ill fix that on monday. I need to flatten their Z placement in blueprint. Didnt even notice it!

This looks absolutely brilliant. Especially if it will be in multiplayer as well. Something I always dreamed of in a tactical shooter. The old Rainbow Six games would have been even better if mission planning was supported in multiplayer. This really can give Epsilon an edge over other games. Great stuff.