Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serellan

Feature Friday 8/21: SCREENSHOTS! PAX! RAZER! RADIO INTERVIEW! STUFF!

26 posts in this topic

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Serellan announces Squad Based game Epsilon,
platform, release window, new contributors, Razer collaboration.

Seattle, Washington - August 21, 2015 - Serellan, LLC, a small independent video game studio staffed with industry veterans who have worked on
franchises such as Ghost Recon, Halo, Shadows of Mordor, Mad Max, Killzone, SOCOM, MAG, Need for Speed, SWAT and more; announced today that their Unreal 4
powered squad based stealth action shooter will be released on Steam Early Access this fall.

We are very excited to bring Epsilon to the PC,” said Christian Allen, CEO and Creative Director at Serellan, ”Epsilon focuses on pre-planning, tactics, and gadgets over linear cinematic shoot-em up gameplay.”

Epsilon has been in development for just under a year, but the games art style has grown and evolved since the very beginning of Serellan.  “The art team worked together to build a visually vibrant experience for Epsilon,” said Deane McGahan, Serellan’s Lead Artist, “I am happy that we were able to bring that style to Epsilon.  We didn’t want to work on yet another green and brown shooter.”

In addition to the core gameplay team, Serellan has brought in some heavy guns from other areas.  

Craig Gilmore, an artist with credits from Marvel, DC Comics, Ubisoft, The Walking Dead, Revolution, and more (http://www.craiggilmore.net/) will be providing an
accompanying graphic novel for the game, which will also serve as the in game cinematics, delving into a storyline heavily inspired by themes in the ongoing
crisis in Eastern Europe and the growing sense of Oligarchy in America in connection with groups like the Bilderberg’s.  A unique cast of diverse
team members, which in a first for a contemporary shooter, contains no Americans, will drive the story forward.

Music will be another strong focus, with Rich Douglas (http://www.richdouglas.net/) scoring an ethnically inspired soundtrack for a unique musical feel.  Rich has worked on titles
such as Insurgency and Shadowgate, and brings a unique flavor to the audio in the game.

Lastly, Serellan announced a partnership with Razer for their full line of professional gaming hardware, with integration such as the Chroma colors planned.

Previously, Serellan has announced that all Kickstarter backers of their last title, TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre will also be receiving Epsilon for free.  Unlike past projects, Serellan is self-publishing Epsilon as a completely independent studio. The price point for Epsilon has yet to be announced, but Christian states, “It will be based on the amount of content launched with the Early
Access version, and then adjusted as we work with the community to add more features, content, and gameplay based on their feedback.”

Serellan, which is a disabled veteran owned company, is working with several veteran groups to donate portions of the proceeds from the game to benefit veterans and active-duty military members.

Serellan plans to show initial demos at PAX Prime at the end of August at the Razer booth.

post-2-0-67527700-1440164220_thumb.jpg

Figure 1From left to right: Terry Hammer, Producer; Deane McGahan, Lead Artist, Jorge Jimenez, Gameplay Engineer; Christian Allen, Creative Director; Seth Salts, Technical
Animator

ABOUT SERELLAN LLC:

Serellan LLC is a small independent game studio founded by USMC veteran Christian Allen, former Creative Director and Designer of several high profile AAA games by Ubisoft, Bungie, and WB Games.  Serellan was founded in 2012 in Seattle, WA.

Contact Information:

serellan.com

@epsilonthegame

contact@serellan.com

2 people like this

That's a very nice map, I liked those clean aesthetics in Takedown as well.. Still not a fan of those outlines, but I guess it depends how it looks in motion. The rails on the weapon probably aren't final, are they? :)

That's a very nice map, I liked those clean aeshtetics in Takedown as well.. Still not a fan of those outlines, but I guess it depends how it looks in motion. The rails on the weapon probably aren't final, are they? :)

"PRE ALPHA"

Very nice. I like how you still can see something from Takedown in the game, but with a lot of things added or improved. Nice to see those blood splatters for instance. For the best experience guns need to feel really powerful and dangerous, like they are. 

Nice screenshots and nice to see new looking enemies aswell as new really creative objects in the virutal world from Deane's work.

Great job!  :thumbsup:

I'm still sorry that our feedback shelved Project Pi, because if the visuals were similar for that game, then it would've been a beautiful Sci-Fi game judging from these pre-alpha build screenshots.  But dang am I excited for this game, and am glad nobody can possibly associate this as a SWAT or Rainbow Six rip-off, because of how unique it looks.  And yet it features options that we've always wanted such as pre-planning (and sharing), marking of enemies, and weird tactical gadgets that I doubt real life operators will use in any practical sense, BUT I DON'T CARE!  They're MAH TOYS!  MAH TOYS TO PLAY WITH AND ABUSE!

Lastly, Serellan announced a partnership with Razer for their full line of professional gaming hardware, with integration such as the Chroma colors planned.

Eh?  Uh...  Wha?  So...  Keyboards will be lit based on default controls for the game or something?  Kind of wondering what Razer products will communicate with Epsilon.  Is it going to be a profile to load for keyboards, mice, headsets, rifles, shotguns, pistols, machetes, knives, shaving razors, cookie cutters, and controllers or something?

Damn... Loving all those screenshots, as others have said love those clean aesthetics, its what had me toying with bringing Takedown maps over to UE4 so hopefully more people get a chance to see them when this game does great ;)

I heard mention of Tango Hunt, was going to ask about this awhile back but never got around to it, sounds like its going to make it at launch? any sort of options tied to the mode? something like Takedown that had different intensity levels or might we get something like SWAT/Raven Shield where you could set between say 1 and 45 tangos to vary the challenge level a bit more.

Can't wait till we get to see this game in motion.

Damn... Loving all those screenshots, as others have said love those clean aesthetics, its what had me toying with bringing Takedown maps over to UE4 so hopefully more people get a chance to see them when this game does great ;)

I heard mention of Tango Hunt, was going to ask about this awhile back but never got around to it, sounds like its going to make it at launch? any sort of options tied to the mode? something like Takedown that had different intensity levels or might we get something like SWAT/Raven Shield where you could set between say 1 and 45 tangos to vary the challenge level a bit more.

Can't wait till we get to see this game in motion.

Hope to have it for launch, but not sure.  If not it will be an early addition.

I realized upon re-reading my post that I implied that Project Pi would not have been shelved if it had similar visuals.  I actually meant the opposite.  What I meant was judging from these Epsilon screenshots, Project Pi would've been a beautiful Sci-Fi game because that started the whole clean look with rich and vibrant use of colors (and later screenshots of Project Pi would've looked just as good).

By all means, Project Pi would likely have worked out, but people like me whined for a tactical shooter and for that I'm sorry for wrecking the hard work put behind it (and it looked like some former devs were involved with it too if I'm watching the video correctly).  As for 1080p, it's a no go for me.  YouTube only gave me options for 240p, 360p, and 720p.  Then again, I'm using the Flash player and not HTML5.  Don't ask me why, it's my computer being picky.  I still enjoyed the video though, and I liked the song used for it.

You have my attention, put a lot of focus on the AI, IMO the terrible AI is what destroyed Takedown..

I'm due a free copy it seems but get it right and I'll buy a second and third just to show you how much I appreciate you supporting these types of games.

1 person likes this

Is the enemy AI going to rely on base code or blueprint. I imagine if its blueprint then really cool additions and configurations can be imported and constructed. Different Ai packages could be assigned to specific enemy based on locale and/or difficulty level.

Is the enemy AI going to rely on base code or blueprint. I imagine if its blueprint then really cool additions and configurations can be imported and constructed. Different Ai packages could be assigned to specific enemy based on locale and/or difficulty level.

Behaviour tree in blueprints.

2 people like this

I'm still sorry that our feedback shelved Project Pi

You killed PI.....

Murderer!

1 person likes this