Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Carlos Florez

Is TAKEDOWN modding dead?

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm really interested in creating a well planned mod for TD, but I'm having some issues with the editor. Is any contact/support regarding technical questions available? (like how to fully incorporate a custom level into the game)

Thanks a lot.

s04.jpg

I hope is not.... here's a screenshot about a really diminute room working in the game. I have to thank the guys at http://tacticalape.ninjasfate.com/ and specially DarkSynopsis, whose contributions have been really appreciated, he came up with a very easy-to-follow tutorial available to anybody still interested on creating some maps for this excellent game. Check it out at http://tacticalape.ninjasfate.com/forum/index.php?topic=118.0

I'll be posting better screenshots soon! hope somebody find this interesting/useful! ^_^

I'm just glad after not having messed with Takedown for a good year or two now that I could still help out :)

1 person likes this

Sure TAKEDOWN it's not dead! or at least it has revived today!! Thanks again for the full support at TacticalApe http://tacticalape.ninjasfate.com/ and DarkSynopsis (Somebody at Serellan should interview him! damn he knows what he's doing and surely will add positively things to EPSILON :) )

Here are the first screenshots of a roughly blocked out level, fully working in Tango Hunt mode, selectable map from menu and full custom static mesh support.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

Want to know how is done? Check out the full tutorial at http://tacticalape.ninjasfate.com/forum/index.php?topic=118.0 , is somebody up to some TAKEDOWN revival? :D

Edited by Carlos Florez
1 person likes this

Thanks for you comment Christian :D Really motivating!! :) 

I've almost finished the rough blocking out of the whole level  (Does anybody recalls this remake?), I'm also doing some test plays with functioning tangos :) and correcting a bug of some tangos spawning dead too. Other than that, just enjoying every minute of it!! tomorrow I'll add the textures, a better lightning and more test play. I hope to release a full video and the files when it's finished :) plz stay tuned!!

td01.jpgtd02.jpgtd03.jpg

Wanted to post screenshot of the 2nd and 3rd floor but those bast... won't let me get near the stairs... damn! this game is hard!!! :D 

Edited by Carlos Florez

Hi Christian! :):) really appreciate your comments!! An YES! you're right!! It's the embassy of R6! Man, I'm really glad it's kinda clear, would be a shame somebody saying Lara's Mansion or something! XD

I've been working on polishing the level mesh and I think I'm done for now, here are some screenshots from 3ds Max I wanna share, nothing fancy but very functional; Tried to keep the mesh clean, understandeable and make sure that every vertex sat on its place in the grid. :) I thought that with just the map blueprints it was going to be a piece of cake... I was wrong! :-

S03.jpg

S01.jpgS02.jpg

I'll add some in-game screenshots tomorrow, after I finally apply textures, lightning, throw some in-editor props, and make it visually appealing. I still need to make some mesh adjustments because rooms and ceiling are huge! Thanks for tunning! :D

P.S: DarkSynopsis, I'm working on textures tomorrow! :D Finally...

Edited by Carlos Florez

Yeh image c reminds me of embassy. Spent many hours stacked on those doorways trying to insert without taking any losses, then a quick left or right into a small room if I recall correctly. 

Sure Rocky!! Getting the whole team out alive was always difficult... That's just why TAKEDOWN reminds me so much of R6, the only way to get out alive is going step by step, room by room, making sure no mistake is made and then... MAN DOWN, MAN DOWN, NEED SOME BACKUP, NOW!! :rofl:.... gotta restart all over again...

Edited by Carlos Florez

Yeh but do you remember playing R6 multiplayer - on 56K dial-up connections! LOL! Lord knows how that even worked.

My very first R6 (and TacShooter) experience was on Embassy at a LAN party.  We all loaded the game, started Embassy Co-Op.  We insert, my buddy Eliott yelled "First we announce our presence." and fired his M16 into the air.

30 seconds later we were all dead.  And my life was changed forever.

LOL! I was never able to play online. I didn't try out online until Covert Ops, the first R6 series weren't such commercial titles, so there was almost no advertisement in my country, didn't knew a friend with this game :'( I had to connect to US servers... with a 56K modem from Colombia.... man, I had so much lag, my screen remained static during all round, just heard the shots and yelling, when it was over, I knew wich team won :( ! I think that was the time when I decided that I was better at single player games! 

I'm glad that this post is at least entertaining enough for remebering the good old times with R6! And I hope that these new screenshots help bring even more memories!! Last week I couldn't work on this map more than I would've wanted to, but at least here's something new.

R01.jpgR02.jpgR03.jpgR04.jpgR05.jpgR06.jpgR07.jpgR08.jpg

I hope when the level is complete, releasing it here :) I'll be more than glad if you guys gave it a try.

Edited by Carlos Florez
1 person likes this

I was looking at Steam Discussion forums and found this comment, really want to share it with you! :)

IndieLogic  has Takedown: Red Sabre    26 Feb @ 4:15pm

Thank You Message To The Devs
I just bought this game yesterday and have been playing all night and day. You guys did a great job especially for a small team, roadblocks, and limited funds. 

Takedown is one of my favorite games now. I thought good tactical shooters were dead. I wanted an experience like I have had with Rainbow Six but could not find any good games close to it. Until I found Takedown.

Ignore the ♥♥♥♥ talking. You made a great game and I want to thank you for it. Best of luck to you all of you. I hope you make another game like this. I will buy it for sure.

Thank you!

I've already replied him with the EPSILON's store page :) Keep going! good work man!