Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Losco X

Important message for serellan developer

9 posts in this topic

Please, serellan developer/s: We italian love you, and it is a pity if you renounce the develop of EPSILON.

And i write this message for ask to watch this video created by "Quei Due Sul Server" it explains all love for your work: 

Thanks for reeding this post.

3 people like this

Thanks so much for making this video! It was completely unexpected and very touching.

If EPSILON goes Open Source I hope you guys will help us improve the game and keep it's spirit alive!

1 person likes this

At the very least making maps for Takedown *should* be possible, last I looked into I had got custom assets and such working and for Multiplayer but since I don't play the game and was waiting on EPSILON tools when I got Takedown working I did not sit down to flesh out a map.

Might be worth those guys looking into that if they want more Takedown.

Hell, if EPSILON went Open Source and no one got co-op working I imagine with a bit of work you could at least back port the EPSILON map assets from UE4 to UE3 and rebuild the maps to play them co-op in Takedown, just a thought...

We have a thread here where a user was working on a map but that was a year ago now, for more info on the process we have it in the Tactical Ape forums, its not condensed into a tutorial or anything just posts of findings and such but should get the ball rolling if someone wants to try make a map.

1 person likes this

Wished I had a Facebook account to see the archive of the livestream.  So I don't know what his response is at the moment.

Still, holy freaking crap the cavalry showed up all of sudden!  Like this is overwhelming and actually very confusing how support appeared out of nowhere.  It's like the moment you press the hiatus button, a hidden emergency siren in Italy goes off, sending in an elite hardcore gamer squad of support, who have been training all these years to get that call.  It feels...  Very hopeful.  And, uh...  Confusing as to why this specific demographic and no others, though I do find Italians to be very nice people so I'm happy.  At the very least we have a few more people who can attempt to figure out Epsilon's source materials if it actually goes open-source, following a similar structure to Postal.

1 person likes this

Sorry for double posting, but I wanted to bump the thread to ask if anybody could give a summary as to what Christian's response was.  I don't have a Facebook account (don't ask, I have my reasons), so I can't see the livestream archive.  My guess is he isn't exactly giving up, but rather there's no money to develop the game, so he's in a catch 22 scenario where people want more content before paying for an Early Access title, while Serellan can't develop more content without more money from Early Access sales.  So he's stuck with the remaining option of working elsewhere to finally have a salary again and pay off those creditors/bills and keep a roof over him and his family, and food in the fridge.  But that's my guess and I still want to know what I've missed.

Give this link a shot, seemed to let me watch the video on a browser that is not signed into Facebook, hopefully works your end.

2 people like this

It worked!  Thank you DarkSynopsis!  Now I get to see what I've missed.