Welcome to Serellan LLC

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K-16

I'm Still Here

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I just want to say I'm still here, and I haven't stopped being a fan of Serellan.  I may not have been a Kickstarter backer for Takedown, but I did purchase multiple copies of it and distributed it to people.  I also purchased copies of Epsilon to make up for the fact that I was very kindly allowed into the technical testing group, (and sincerest apologies for failing to contribute significantly to Serellan in return; I have since resolved issues that got in my way of playtesting, but I am too offensively late for it to matter).  My point is, I'm not done being a part of the Serellan community, and I don't care what's left of it.  I'm still here, and I'm not leaving Serellan as a fan.  So Christian and Bella, know that there are people who will look forward to whatever Serellan wants to do one day, and I'm one of them.  As long as the entity exists (or if the name changes, but you guys are still around), I'll remain silent but existing for whatever you want to sell.  I didn't get Hotel Blind though, since it wasn't really my cup of tea to be honest (and for the record, I didn't get A Blind Legend, Beyond Eyes, nor Perception, so it's not you at all).  I'm not a blind follower, and there are things I don't agree with.  But that doesn't change the fact that I am on your side and I am NOT one of the people who will kick you while you're down.  I am trying to learn about the bitterness of the gaming industry, so while I remain ignorant, I do gain a lot from hearing about your experiences and sadness that comes with the joy of gaming.  Here's hoping I'll smarten up enough to know how to be a better fan.

In any case, I'll be here with any other silent fans here.  Tom is awesome for keeping that spark alive, and much appreciation goes to him and his talented voice acting.  I'm not as proactive as him, but I'll support Serellan whenever the time comes.  I will forever miss previous Serellan staff such as The Scout, Andy (hope he fully recovered from his accident), and TerryTheHammer (is his last name really Hammer?), and the Snowman/Bears jokes.  But I'm not ready to leave anytime soon.  Here's to better days, and fans that appreciate devs who know what we wanted all this time.  And for the record, Epsilon is great, but apparently the demand made it a catch-22 scenario; people wanted more content before they will pay for the Early Access build, devs need more money before they can afford to make more content.  And it seems other releases have overshadowed Epsilon's visibility in Steam.  But damn Epsilon had the right foundation.  It had what Takedown didn't have.  And it definitely had what other tactical shooters didn't have.  I don't mean pre-planning and its ability to change plans on the fly, and mark enemies (which I stand by as absolutely crucial).  I mean a unique identity with its graphics, diverse cast, and storyboard cinematics.

Well this wall of text is long enough.  In short, Epsilon just needs more money, but the foundation is where it should be (maybe not technically since it sounds like the frameworks involved are time-consuming to update/improve or something along those lines), as gameplay wise it delivers what I wanted from Takedown (and no timer in the middle of my screen!).  That and I'm staying as a fan.  And that's...  Pretty much it.  I don't really know why I typed an entire forum post just for that.  But I did.  So too bad!

1 person likes this

Likewise DarkSynopsis!  Your efforts in level editting are much appreciated too!

(Also any perceived puns in my previous post are completely unintentional for the record.)

Nice! I am also checking in every now and then. I have my hopes on Ready or Not at the moment, what do you guys think?

http://voidinteractive.net/

Serellan if you read this, let us know what you are doing nowadays :)

I check in on Ready or Not every now and then but if I recall correctly its like a team of 4 that haven't put out a game before?

Got to say that doesn't leave me with confidence, I mean UE4 is a great tool and I'm sure smaller teams can get games out there but at the level people want out of a tactical shooter? I don't know, Serellan had trouble with people experienced making games in the genre.

I'm all for them pulling it off but it will mostly sit in the back of my mind till something significant happens.

On 22/10/2017 at 10:53 PM, K-16 said:

Tom is awesome for keeping that spark alive, and much appreciation goes to him and his talented voice acting.

Haha, well I wouldn't go that far.

I'll try and contact Christian on Twitter now. I'm still vying for owners of the game to get access to the source code, as that would allow us all to have a tinker.

Good to hear from all of you!

Thank you so much for the support guys.  There is some new news incoming from me this week, and I will be making a post here to update.

You guys rock.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Serellan said:

Thank you so much for the support guys.  There is some new news incoming from me this week, and I will be making a post here to update.

You guys rock.

Really good to hear from you, Christian. Hope it's good news this time!

A bit of news here lads - 

Has implications for our party, so he'll update us here soon!